Objective and Scope
Career Bondhu.com (“we”, “us”, “our”, “CareerBondhu”) values the trust placed in us by data subject (“you”, “your”, “user”, “subscriber”) and therefore, we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
CareerBondhu.com here in after referred as “ECD Education” is a property of ECD Education LLP, an Indian LLP firm registered under The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008 having its corporate office at 274, G T Road, Kotrung, Hindmotor, Hooghly.With a view to offer most enriching and holistic internet experience to its users CareerBondhu.com offers a vast repository of Online Sites and variety of community services. You may read ‘About Us’ to know more about ECD Education LLP.
I. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information (PI) – means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person (‘data subject’ here in referred as you/your’). In particular using a common identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person or any other piece of information as per applicable laws and regulations.
The LLP respects the privacy of the users of the Services and is committed to reasonably protect it in all respects. The information about the user as collected by the LLP is:
A. Information you provide to us
Information Collected when you use our Website
We may hold personal information about you including, but not limited to the following:
- Name/User name
- Date of Birth
- E-mail id
- Contact Number
- Student ID number
- User Address (street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country)
- IP Address
We may also collect payment related data for subscription services, however we do not store any card data in our environment.
To add certain content, like pictures, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album
Information Collected when you use our Mobile Application
When you download our mobile application (related to our various services) we collect the below information, but not limited-
- User Name
- E-mail id
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- Citizens / resident
- Device ID
Information you provide to us voluntarily
We may collect additional information at other times, when you provide feedback(s), modify your content or email preferences, respond to surveys, or communicate with us by posting a comment on our website/application or asking us a question through or e-mail. This information may include personal information such as, but not limited to, your name, e-mail id, mobile number, comment, message etc.
B. Information Automatically Collected/Tracked while Navigation
To improve the responsiveness of the “Services” for our users, we may use “cookies“, (a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect your information about Website/Application activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a user) or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (“User ID“) to understand the user’s individual interests using the identified computer. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser(s) (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via website(s), Application(s) or Services through your computer/laptop/notebook/ mobile/tablet/pad/handheld device or any other electronic device capable of connecting to internet.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Website/application and some sections/features of the site/application may not work.
Log File Information
We automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, mobile number, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser software, operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our site is accessed, whenever you visit(s) our website(s), application(s) or services.
We may use “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) when you use our websites, to track the online usage patterns in an anonymous manner, without personally identifying the user. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by them. We also collect information from you passively using Google Analytics and Google search console for collecting information about your usage of our website.
C. Inferred Information through usage and log data
We may collect and track certain information about you based upon your behaviour on the CareerBondhu Services We use this information for conducting internal research on our users’ demographics, devices, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users.
We may also collect your Information to track user behaviour and preferences for internal analytics and research. We may also use your information:
- To evaluate your interest for various genres of content, services, offers;
- To perform analytics and conduct customer research, to determine your interest, for identifying content that generate sales and to analyse traffic patterns.
If you choose to post messages on social media accounts, message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the CareerBondhu Services, we may collect and store such information.
Information obtained from other Sources
We may receive information about you from other online sources. We may add it to our account information system and treat it in accordance with this policy. If you provide information to the platform provider or other partner to whom we provide services, your account information including, but not limited to, your name, email ID, may be passed on to us. We may obtain updated contact information(s) from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfil the Services or to communicate with you or share the information with any third party.
If you link, connect or login to your Career Bondhu Services account with a third party service such as E.g. Google or Facebook, they may send us information such as your registered e-mail id and public profile information from the service as stated above.
In case you choose to decline to submit personal information on the Application/Websites, we may not be able to provide certain services on the Application/Websites to you. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the same at the time of opening your account. In any case, we will not be liable and or responsible for the denial of certain services to you for lack of you providing the necessary personal information.
Processing of personal information
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful basis. Lawful basis on which we would process our personal information includes obtaining explicit consent from you for processing your personal information or processing for “legitimate interests” where processing is necessary by us to provide you with services (For e.g. processing your information by our group companies/affiliates).
- If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “”unsubscribe”” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter .
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, Google Ads to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.”
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same).
- Communicate with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications), so that we can send you news about CareerBondhu, details about new features and content available on the CareerBondhu Services, promotional announcements, marketing purposes and surveys, other services of CareerBondhu affiliates and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
- Send notification(s) to you on your handheld devices (To turn off the notifications, please visit your account settings)
- Improve our website/application and its content to provide better features and services
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide you customised search results, recommendations and specific promotions and offers
- To help advertisers understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites or applications, (however it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site)
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services
- Sharing with our customer support team to resolve your queries/concerns related to your rights or services provided to you.
III. Third party services
Third parties provide certain services available on CareerBondhu on ECD Education LLP’s behalf. CareerBondh may provide information, including Personal Information that CareerBondhcollects on the Website/Application to third-party service providers to help us deliver programs, products, information, and services. Service providers are also an important means by which CareerBondhu maintains its Website/Application and mailing lists. CareerBondh will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on CareerBondhbehalf.
CareerBondh does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on CareerBondhu behalf unless such transfer is required for legal purposes or for providing relevant services. Similarly, it is against ‘CareerBondh’s policy to sell Personal Information collected online without consent.
When you are in a relationship with CareerBondh, your personal information may be transferred to European Economic Area (EEA) or outside EEA, for the purposes mentioned in this policy or to their local service providers for support in the pursuance of such purposes. Transfers to EEA or outside EEA are covered by standard data protection laws.
We present information to our advertisers to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our website/application. It is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site/application. When you register with CareerBondhu, we contact you from time to time about updation of your content to provide the users such features that we believe may benefit you.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website/application. These companies may use information (such as but not limited to photos/media/files on your device, location, audio about your visits to this and other websites/applications in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. However, we do not store this data in our environment.
CareerBondhu.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
IV. Information Sharing
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information in order to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
CareerBondhu does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ‘ECD Education’ under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help CareerBondhu communicate with you about offers from CareerBondhu and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- CareerBondhu works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business. For more information regarding providers of products or services, please refer the section Third party services of this policy.
Retention of personal information
Your personal information processed by CareerBondhu are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information are processed in line with legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations as applicable.
At the expiry of such periods, your personal information will be deleted or archived to comply with legal/contractual retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
To the extent permitted by law, CareerBondhu may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
VII. Security and Compliance with Laws
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. All information gathered is securely stored within the Company controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall on the cloud; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. If you know or have reason to believe that your CareerBondhu Services account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us by contacting our customer support team.
VIII. Social media
CareerBondhu operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. CareerBondhu monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about CareerBondhu in order to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate with CareerBondhu through such social media sites the following information:
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
CareerBondhu is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. CareerBondhu is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites
Changes in the Policy
CreerBondhu reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
ECD Education LLP
First floor, 274 G T Road, Kotrung, Hindmotor, Hooghly, West Bengal
CareerBondhu shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user’s account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise
Any other personal information shared by you which is not asked by CareerBondhu during registration, either mandatorily or optionally; accounts to wilful and intentional furnishing; and CareerBondhu will not be liable for breach of such information.